Warranty & Care
HOW DO I CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF MY CORDURA NYLON BAG?
- Normal soil may be removed with spray cleaner or detergent and water. DO NOT BLEACH.
- Oil or grease should first be treated with a dry cleaning solvent, followed by a spray cleaner or detergent and water.
- Do not machine wash/ machine dry your bag.
- Do not have your bag dry cleaned.
- Never force a zipper to close an over-packed bag.
HOW DO I CLEAN AND TAKE CARE OF MY WAXED CANVAS BAG?
- TRY water first with a slight brushing or scrubbing.
- USE a little bar soap or flaked soap or Saddle soap, only if necessary, on specified areas only. Sometimes a small amount of ammonia will help.
- NEVER use detergent - liquid or powdered.
- NEVER dry clean as the powerful environmentally damaging chlorinated solvents will remove the finish.
- SPARINGLY apply Waxwear refinishing ointment - little heat from a hair dryer always helps.
HOW DO I CLEAN MY VINYL BAG?
- Use a sponge with soapy water to clean off any dirt or mild scuffs on your bag.
HOW LONG DO YOUR BAGS LAST?
Manhattan Portage bags are extremely durable, as they combine the finest materials (1000D Cordura Nylon by Invista, YKK zippers, Delrin buckles, etc.) with impeccable construction. We use these more expensive materials so that your Manhattan Portage bag will keep up with your life, and not need replacing for many years to come. Depending on how you treat your Manhattan Portage bag, you will keep it anywhere from 5 to 15 years. Some of our customers have kept their bags for over 20 years, but you may want a new color by then!
WHAT IF SOMETHING STILL GOES WRONG WITH THE BAG I JUST BOUGHT?
Although a manufacturing defect is a rare occurrence, mistakes can happen from time to time when bags are hand-sewn and manufactured in large quantities. So this is why we offer a warranty against manufacturing defects. If something goes wrong with your Manhattan Portage bag after you buy it and if this is due to a manufacturing defect, we will take responsibility and repair or replace it. Please check our Warranty section on this page for further details.
Manhattan Portage offers a Limited Lifetime Warranty against manufacturing defects on all products that use CORDURA® brand fabric, purchased from authorized dealers to the original user/purchaser of the product. This warranty does not cover individual components, damage caused by improper care, or the natural breakdown of material through extended use (such as broken buckles, fabric abrasion, zipper wear, and foam breakdown). Any intentional modification to your bag such as machine washing/dying, dry cleaning, or removal of the brand label will void all warranty. If you believe your item is defective, please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Repairs due to normal wear, accident, negligence or improper care will not be covered under the warranty.
Products returned for warranty service will be qualified for replacement at the discretion of Manhattan Portage. Defective items will be replaced with an item of the same style and colour if available, or a similar product of equal or greater value otherwise. It is important that you save the original receipt and do not remove any sewn-in labels inside or outside the bag so we can verify the authenticity of the bag and be able to process your warranty claim.